Monday, August 8, 2011

Plans for the rest of the year

Things have been a bit busy lately. I'm glad I was able to get a few things finished and up in my shop before things got hectic with work.  Now that our big conference is over, I'll be making things and posting more regularly.

I'm planning what I'll be working on for the remainder of the year.  It seems a bit early to be thinking about the end of the year, but I know from experience that time sneaks up and whizzes by way faster than you think.  I recently found out that there is going to be an Artomatic even held in Frederick, MD. It wasn't on the main Artomatic site, and instead has its own site. I've been wanting to do an Artomatic event for a while now, so I was considering participating in this one.

But I've decided not to this time.  I've got a lot of projects on the "to do" list. I'm in a few craft swaps, and I've got a few craft fairs coming up. Not to mention holiday items and more plushies.  I've sold my two ready-to-ship Sharkoplushies, and already have a customer who bought a made-to-order one. Plus there is another show I want to do coming up soon as well.  So timing wise, its just not right.  Hopefully, I'll be less busy and more prepared next time an Artomatic show comes around.

I also am considering sending some of my work, like my ornaments for Art Star to look at and decide if they might like to sell them in their shop and on their website.

Besides all the art and craft things I have planned, I'm looking at teaching myself more about designing websites in WordPress.  I need to learn more about WordPress for work anyway, and I'd really like to learn how to design sites in WP.  I've hand-coded sites, and do web editing for my job, so I'm already familiar with HTML and CSS.  I'd like to get used to using XHTML coding, as well as learning a little PHP, at least enough so to be able to create customized websites and templates through WP's system. I look forward to making a Suzannah Ashley website, and my wedding website.

No comments:

Post a Comment