Monday, January 11, 2010

Balloon Girls - Girl 1



I've had a certain doodle laying around for some time while I tried to figure out exactly what I wanted to do with it. I eventually came up with a basic idea, and even sketched it onto a canvas. I didn't start painting it yet, because I wasn't sure exactly where I wanted to go as far as the color scheme, or some of the details.

Just last night I decided I'd do a series of these girls with balloons. Since I have more than one idea.  I don't know why it never occurred to me before to do more than one with this idea. I keep trying to apply all these "rules" to my art that make no sense and tend to limit myself. Oh Suzi, you are so silly!

Anyway, I hope to have some more progress on her soon. I'll probably break out the colored pencils and try to get an idea of the colors I'd like to use and start making some sample palette mixtures.

No comments:

Post a Comment