Monday, December 19, 2016

Mockingjay Plush

A few weeks ago a friend contacted me asking if I could come up with something for her daughter for Xmas.  Her daughter had asked for a plush of the Mockingjay, but my friend could not find one for sale anywhere.  So I put on my Elf hat, and got to work! My plush game is a little rusty, but I quickly worked out the kinks

Mockingjay Plush!
Mockingjay Plush


Mockingjay Plush, relaxing on the couch
Mockingjay Plush watching TV

Here she is! Sitting on my couch watching some TV while I go find my packaging materials so I can ship her off.


Mockingjay Plush VIVA LA REVOLUTION!
Mockingjay Plush wants a hug

She wanted to give some hugs before she left. That or she's reaching out to lead a revolution.

It has been a while since I designed a new plush, so it was super fun to study the images and simplify the look while having it be pretty recognizable.  That's honestly a good part of the fun, is the planning and pattern drafting phase. Its like a little puzzle to figure out. I used some new techniques and materials (pellon flex-foam in the wings and tail) and it was all around a great project to work on. I can't wait to hear how my friend's kid reacts.

I've got a few more projects to wrap up and then its Xmas break for me! Weeeee!


2 comments:

  1. Vastu consultants at rel="nofollow">Vaastu Devayah Namah are creating a positive ambience for living and for the purpose of wealth, prosperity and happiness while practicing only relevant, time tested, profound and effective techniques to fill our personal spaces with vibrant, positive & revitalised energy.

    ReplyDelete